New at NAB 2012: AJA Launches Ki Pro Quad and more!
Aja Video Systems announced, today at NAB, a slew of exciting new products including the T-TAP, Ki Pro Rack, Ki Pro Quad, and the UDC UP/Down/Cross Mini Converter, as well as support for the upcoming Adobe CC6 release.
Ki Pro Quad – a new solid-state portable video recorder capable of capturing high-quality edit-ready files in formats including 4K (4096 x 2160), Quad HD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080), and HD (1920 x 1080), for the fastest path from camera-to-editorial with 10-bit 4:4:4 and 10-bit 4:2:2 color support.
Available late 2012; MSRP: $3,995
The Ki Pro Rack enables recording of high-quality, edit-ready files for the fastest path from camera to edit in a new 1RU rack mount form factor.
- Ability to switch between Apple ProRes 422 and Avid DNxHD
- Built-in broadcast-quality Up/Down/Cross conversions
- HD/SD SDI, HDMI, and HD/SD analog video I/O
- Multi-channel AES, analog balanced XLR, and embedded audio I/O
- Familiar buttons and operation minimize learning curve
- Dual media drive bays
- Delivers the functionality of much larger devices without taking up valuable rack space
- Sturdy and dependable with removable storage modules engineered for repeat use
- Remote configuration and control via Ethernet LAN connection
- Ethernet file transfer
- Stand-alone operation and configuration, no need for external computer
- RS-422 machine control, genlock, and LTC connections
Available now: MSRP: $3,995
T-TAP™: a very small new bus-powered device that takes advantage of Thunderbolt™ connectivity for high-quality 10-bit SD, HD and 2K output through SDI and HDMI connections. This new adapter enables a simple, unobtrusive means of getting professional video and audio out of any Thunderbolt™-enabled Mac system.
- High-speed ThunderboltTM connectivity
- 10-bit uncompressed 4:2:2 video and audio output
- HD/SD SDI and HDMI connectivity supports simultaneous output at incredible 10-bit quality
- 3D support on HDMI for real-time stereoscopic review without requiring additional hardware
- Full 8-channel embedded audio allows for multi-channel playback
- Bus-powered via ThunderboltTM connector so no additional power supply required
- AJA Mac driver and proven software compatibility
- Backed by AJA’s quality, reliability and 3-year international warranty
Available soon; MSRP: $249
UDC: a broadcast quality Up/Down/Cross-Conversion Mini-Converter that can convert between SD, HD and 3G video formats.
- Conversion between 3G, HD and SD formats
- Supports 1080p50/60
- Eight-channel embedded audio
- HDMI output with eight-channel audio
- Two-channel RCA analog audio output
- Reference input
- Configure via dipswitch or USB port with supplied MiniConfig Mac/PC software
- Uses 5-20V power (DWP or DWP-U power supply sold separately)
- AJAs 5-year international warranty and support
Available now; MSRP: $695
In addition, Aja announced its planned support for the upcoming release of Adobe Creative Suite 6 software with AJA’s Io Express, Io XT and KONA family of products for both Mac and Windows customers. The new drivers supporting Adobe Creative Suite 6 will be available as a free download from AJA shortly after the new Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are released. AJA’s new drivers will deliver added support for Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications and streamline performance of AJA’s video I/O solutions with Adobe’s new plug-in architecture dubbed Adobe Mercury Transmit. All of the new AJA drivers will support video out in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 through the new Transmit plug-in.